The earliest minute records of the Milbrulong Brigade date back to 1920. The Brigade would have been formed sometime in the early 1900s. At that stage the Brigade was equipped with 4 fire carts fitted with semi rotary pumps. Subscriptions for that year were 2 shillings and 6 pence per 100 acres.
Throughout the years the brigade was slowly updated with more modern equipment as was required. In 1970 the Brigade Captain went to Sydney and purchased 2 ex army International Tankers.
In 1982 a new double bay shed with roller doors was erected to house the brigade tanker, pumps and equipment. Many hours of volunteer help by members was utilised in the construction of the shed.
The latest Isuzu Cat 1 Grassland Tanker was supplied in 2005.