The Rannock Brigade was formed in 1932. J.R.C. Higman was the first Captain of the Brigade and N. Freer was the first Secretary. The membership fee for being a member of the Brigade was 10 pounds.
The Brigade purchased their first fire truck which had a 200 gallon tank and a hand pump in 1933.
By 1936 the Brigade had 89 members, and the fee for being a member was adjusted to 6 pence per 100 acres.
Rannock received their first firefighting petrol pumps in 1952. In 1964 the Brigade purchased a Chev truck for 450 pounds which had two 360 gallon tanks.
In 1965 the first 2-way radios were introduced, so the Brigade Captain could communicate with the Shire.
In 1992 the Brigade received a 4x4 Bedford Tanker, which was replaced
in 2003 by a Cat 1 Grassland Tanker.